Thursday, October 29, 2009

Preparing for the Future

Well, I think my last post was pretty depressing.

I didn't really know what to do with my life, but God has given me some direction. I am currently looking for a worship leading position. God has made it clear to me that worshipping him through music and leading others in doing so is a passion he has given me.

He has given me some ideas about recording some music and probably some type of video resume type of thing as well as creating a new blog with links to these things to allow churches to see who I am and what God has gifted me to do.

Moreover, I am blessed to have the encouragement and support of one of the pastors at His House (I could probably have the support of others but haven't really told them about it) and today we started doing some preliminary recording.

If anybody reading this has any resources or knows anybody that has resources that could be useful for recording music, making a video resume, making a "regular" resume, or something else that might be helpful, let me know. Also, if you know of any pastors or churches or people who might know of pastors or churches who might be looking for or know of somebody looking for me to be used by God to lead their family (church, congregation, etc.) in musical worship, let me know.

This process has been good for me for several reasons. It has given me a sense of purpose for my life now, has allowed/motivated me to connect with people that I wouldn't normally take the initiative to connect with or ask for help, and it will allow me to improve my musical, technical (sound,video, etc.) and other skills. Praise God!

I almost forgot, so this is a reminder to me as well as you that prayer is definitely a necessary part of this process, and I am asking you to pray, enter into God's plan, as I will do the same and cool things will happen.

Also, I started helping out with Crave, the youth group at Mount Pleasant Community Church and it has been cool to connect with some high schoolers as well as reconnect with people I met when I first came to Mount Pleasant who help out with Crave. Moreover, I have learned that the youth group people seem to start off every meeting with a meal. mmm.

No comments: