Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey, China, and Snowmen

This has been quite a weekend and the weekend has hardly even started. Well, the break from school started on wednesday afternoon, but I think the weekend is probably always just at the end of the week.
On Wednesday evening, after telling my mom about ten different times I would be at the cottage, we made it there just in time for a 7 o'clock dinner. In fact, my sister Amy pulled in right behind us and even called me on the way to let me know she was behind me and I was driving too slowly.
We had some good lasagna and other stuff Wednesday night. The Black Hole, as I think Ou decided to call Dave for his ability to ingest large amounts of food which then disappears, finished off the food as we sat at the table and conversed about China, CLEP tests, and crazy family, among other things.
The next day, Thanksgiving, was a fun filled day beginning with a breakfast of eggs and sausage and toast (toast nobody ate). Following breakfast, Ou, Kassie and I decided to go for a walk around the lake to the peninsula, the park, the basketball court and back. Ou decided as we were walking on a path through some trees that we were in a horror film and somebody was waiting to attack us, so I fought them off with snowballs. At the campground he decided he would not like to stay in one of the cabins there alone. We made our way to the basketball "playground" as Ou calls it. When I made a snow angel he didn't think the head was big enough and so sat on it to make it bigger.
As we returned from our walk my family was raking snow (there might have been some leaves in there somewhere). So we joined in. After a while, Mom decided to start making a snowman. I joined in. We raked some more leaves and snow and then we all stopped raking and made snowmen and had a snowball fight. It was quite fun. One of the snowmen became more like a totem pole with about 5 snowballs or something. We had a hard time agreeing to a truce in the snowball fight to get a picture with the snowmen before the tall one came crashing down.
We spent the rest of the day eating, playing games, talking, watching movies. We played a card game called hand and foot and realized Kassie is afraid of feet. Literally she used to hate feet but not as much anymore. In the game, though,there is a set of cards called the foot that you are supposed to play with after you get rid of your hand (or first set of cards) and Kassie never made it to her foot. Fun times. She did better at the next card game, which we call Bid. She was winning for quite a while but ended up in second place with Dave and I trying to sabotage her.
I forgot to mention our crazy game of Aggravation in the afternoon in which Dave and Kassie were supposed to be partners. Dave started out not exactly playing as if Kassie were his partner. As the game progressed, though, they came together to win.
Today Dave took my car to work in the morning and Ou went with him back to MP. Kassie and I stayed until later and came back with the fam.
Now, I am home (at the Men's House) alone. A strange feeling for several reasons: I live with 8 other guys, so it isn't often that none are here. Also, I just spent a couple days with three friends and three family members.
Now Dave is here. Bye. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The rest of you weekend should be swell, too.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

you forgot the part about missing your sister a lot.

and i want to see pictures!