Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Tonight we cleaned our house. While cleaning, I noticed that somebody had put a jaw harp in the trash so I took it out of the trash because it is a musical instrument.
Speaking of which...I didnt really mean to go into this story but it came up. I went to Kassie's house on Sunday with her to pick up her laundry and spend some time with her parents and then grandparents who live down the road. When we went to her grandparents's house, her grandma started showing me a couple instruments, I think because she heard I am into music. She has a beautiful old accordian. I am not much of an accordian expert but this one looked pretty sweet and she got it from a friend for $75 or something. I got to try it out, which was fun. Then she let me try out the organ she is trying to get rid of. That was fun too. I am not great at piano, but it was still cool. Anyway, I basically like to try out any musical instrument I can.
Back to the jaw harp. I carried it with me with the goal of learning how to play it after devos (we didn't really have devos so much because we just cleaned the house mostly). So then I went over to the women's house to visit Kassie and she was upstairs. So before she came down I used the computer to look up how to play a jaw harp, and I think I am getting pretty good.
Maybe I will start playing at church soon. Probably not so much, but it's fun nonetheless.
I need to work on a project and then sleep. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

dear Josh.
i am glad God put you in my life.