Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy Day

I don't normally work on Mondays, but I worked today because nobody else could or something, and I had time from 11 30 to 6, so that is when I worked. I had class from 10-11, work, cook, eat, clean, devos, ... (I'll get to that later).
So, I am pretty sure Mondays are the days for everybody to ask for April (my boss) or ask hard questions that need to be referred to April or somebody who knows, or to ask questions that would be difficult for anybody to asnwer.
One of the questions was a lady asking if we had a book about miracles with a dog in sunglasses on the front cover. I asked her about the title or author and she said she didn't really know but maybe the title has the word Angel in it. Well, I tried the best I could to make it seem like that was a perfectly fine request, when really, unless I would have known what book she was talking about, there wasn't much of a way to find it. Then after I told her I don't think we have it, she started reminiscing about a dog she had that she believes saved her life, and I didn't really know how to respond to this unexpected monologue. Needless to say, work was interesting and somewhat frustrating.
Then I came home after picking up sour cream for dinner and Joe V.(my cooking partner) had all the cooking stuff under control and it went smoothly and we had a good dinner. After dinner, Grant helped wash dishes, which was very nice, and then we had devos.
Devos was a good time. We did an inductive Bible study on 1 Thess and split up into groups of three to discuss. We had some good discussion about love and encouragement and living a Godly life and such and after praying and ending devos we all beseiged the women's house with our marshmallow guns.
All was going well with good times being had on both sides until Katie Bennett stole my bag of ammo (marshmallows). I was chasing her to get them back and she tripped or something and I basically ended up tackling her into the island in her kitchen. She hit her head and went down. Needless to say I felt really bad, but she seemed to be doing fine after a few minutes. Then, after the battle had wound down and we were cleaning up, she started having problems. I don't know exactly what happened but it got pretty scary for a while and she was taken to the hospital. She is doing fine now and is staying at the hospital overnight just to make sure. Praise God for his healing and also for his comfort and goodness in our time of need. I can't say I am glad this happened, but I am glad God was able to use it to teach me things and bring me closer to him. Anyway, it was really scary, but God was definitely present through it all, as he will always be.
On a completely different note, Kassie and I are "dating". It basically happened Wednesday when I told her how I felt about her and she reciprocated. She was gone for the weekend, and we talked again tonight and made it more official or something (not referring to putting it on facebook).
God is awesome! Life is crazy, but God is there at every turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://blog.wisch.org/benedictions/may-you-surrender-your-future/