Friday, December 12, 2008

International Students, Missions, and Multiculturalism

The title of this blog comes from a conversation I am currently having with my sister Kelsey. She asked me about my internship with His House next semester, and I think those are some of the things I will be involved in. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing....

Commerical Break...Hey have you heard of Christmas? Do you like to buy lots of presents for people? Well, maybe Jesus has a different idea. Checkout http://adventconspiracy.org/ for more information.

I mainly did that because I was talking about the title which had to do with my life but wasn't really how I originally planned on starting the post and it reminded me of a TV show when they do a little intro thing and then go into commercials before starting the actual show. Anyway, it turned out good because that Christmas thing has been on my mind and I think it is good to think about.

I haven't written in a while. That's the way I was going to start this post, and thinking about it now, I realize it is better I didn't because that is just really boring and I have probably started posts like that before.

I would say it is because I have been busy with finals and everything but it is probably more because I have been spending time with Kassie. Speaking of finals, though. I am done with the semester!. I just have one more semester to go, and it should be interesting: internship with His House, two family studies classes, hi-lo aerobics class, singing class, finishing up senior research project.

This weekend I am going home to see my brother Joe and sister Kirstin and parents and possibly other family such as Jason Gaffke, Willie Campanelli, etc. And to do laundry which I haven't done in about 2 months, my record so far.

Well, I can write more later but that's enough for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear the washing machine groaning.

Kate said...

As a good house sister, I feel it is my duty to tell you that it is kinda gross not to do laundry for 2 months. There - mission accomplished. Hope break is going well.