Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Band

Well, I am not sure what is going on with some things in my life right now but I do know that God is good and I feel closer to him than ever before. I spent some good time with him on Sunday in the prayer room and since then I have been spending some good time with him each day and focusing on him throughout the day even more, I think.
one thing cool he has brought into my life is a band. my friend Derrick kind of randomly asked me if I wanted to play bass with a band and I said yes and so I went to practice with them that night and it was a sweet time of playing music and worshipping God. They all seem like great people, even though I only knew Derrick beforehand. God really seemed to be put it together. That also put alot of confusion into my life in the past few days because I got the feeling the next morning that I shouldnt be in the band. I thought it was a feeling from God, but now I am wondering if it was from satan and it kind of scares me that I can't discern that. Anyway, God was able to use it to teach me some things and remind me of some things and bring me closer to him. and tonight I had a good time with the band. I told them about being unsure about things and they seemed completely fine with it and said I could play with them even if i wasnt going to be in the band and we played a little but were all feeling a little uneasy. Sally, the keyboardist suggested it seemed like something was going on in the spiritual realm and I am wondering if maybe God has some sweet plans for the band and satan is fighting to keep them from happening. anyway, we had a good time anyway, but stopped playing and just talked for a while, Jared, John, Sally and I and it was good. Then I spent some more time with God at the His House building when I was putting my bass back and that was sweet.
along with the band being sweet, we practice at the Chi Alpha house. while we were talking tonight John and Lori Fredrickson came in along with some other people. It was pretty cool because when Lori told me her name I remembered when Lighthouse Assembly of God had done a thing one time where different people got a lighthouse with missionaries on it to pray for and I got the Fredericksons, so I prayed for them and now I met them.
Anyway, there is more to the story, and it might seem odd and I still haven't figured it all out but am trying to leave it up to God, but I think it is pretty sweet. God is marvellous (I just looked it up and my dashboard dictionary shows that it can be spelled with either one or two L's. That can be something you can pray for me about, that I will be able to discern God's will for my life and stay focused on him with whatever he does with this band. Thanks

No comments: