Thursday, October 2, 2008

Follow Up

I don't feel quite right about my last blog post. I am not really sure about things now but I just feel like I said stuff that may have seemed like I came to conclusions that I didn't really come to. Basically I haven't come to any final conclusions but for now I am going to continue playing with the band when I can and be prayerful about that, just as I should be prayerful about everything I do.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray continually.
I actually like 16-18. Well, really the whole book is good. The whole book of books.
Speaking of which, I was reading 1 Thessalonians 3:3-5 because somebody shared it at devos on monday. It says, "It is God's will for you that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God."
First of all, as I was typing this I noticed that heathen is used as the plural form of heathen, which I did not know. I thought heathens was the plural form.
The thing I noticed earlier, though, is that there is a footnote shows that instead of "each of you should learn to control his own body" it could be "each of you should learn to acquire a wife." I thought that was interesting. Then Tony, who is allergic to dairy products, came by and told us about this guy he met who used to be allergic to dairy until he got married. So, I showed Tony that verse. He then wrote a song about needing a wife so he wouldn't be allergic to dairy or something like that.
Which reminds me, the other day, Dave and i were riding bikes to "run" errands and he started singing "I forget my worries when I have a Mcflurry." So after asking if that was an actual song and him telling me he made it up, I made up a second line, "I feel like a dream when I eat ice cream." Actually, in between the lines is a da da da da da... Then he made up the third line which is probably my favorite: "I really love Jesus when I eat Reeses Pieces."
Well, I hope you have been somehow encouraged and/or entertained by this post. Now I am going to start on my plan to read through the Bible and then work on a project and study for an exam tomorrow (or today, I guess you could say since it is 2 20 in the morning and the exam is at 11)
Until we meet again.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Is the "da da da da da" part like in the 1 semester of spanish spanish love song? You guys need to start gargebanding your stuff and sending me copies.

Tony should consider a move to Guinea to deal with his dairy allergies... there's a bit of a lack of dairy products around here. Probably not the place to come for acquiring the wife, though, so I guess he'd have to have one or the other.