Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reboot

My computer is slow. It was especially slow earlier today because I had it running for several days without shutting it down and with how full it is to begin with it can't handle being on for too long. What I really need to do to make it go faster is to get a bunch of junk off of it. Alot of it is good and necessary junk. I have stuff for classes, many photos, music, etc. But it is all slowing my computer down. So I need an external hard drive or something.
This is what I feel like God is doing in my life. I feel like I haven't been running at the speed God wants me to. I haven't been chasing him and living for him the way he wants me to because I have filled my life with all of these other things. These other things are good in some cases but they are taking focus off of him or just not allowing me to go through what I need to go through with him. The good things that seem to be Godly are at this point distracting me from what God really wants for me. I think the thing that started this was the band thing. That was kind of the first straw, when God made me give up something great to make me realize that he is so much better. Anyway, I don't know exactly what this looks like and I don't think I will completely understand it for a while. I don't really want to understand it. I just want God to take over. I am excited about what is happening and I am hoping to go on a honeymoon with God over Christmas break. I don't know where or for how long but I just need to get away with him.
I would appreciate your prayers. Also, expect some changes. It might not happen fast but change is coming.

No comments: