Friday, August 29, 2008

Keeping up with the siblings

I was actually planning on typing a new post in my blog before checking out the blogs of my siblings, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that two of my three siblings had also posted new info since last time I looked at their blogs.
I finished my first week of classes and things are going pretty well. I am still not back into the school thing yet. I am completely unmotivated to do school stuff and my schedule with work and His House activities and such is still up in the air. But it has been a good week with some good chances to connect with people.
First of all, as I think I mentioned, I am going to be leading the international ministry with His House this year, so I connected with some international student organizations. Dave and I also became friends with a Chinese student, playing basketball with him on our way back from Main Stage...much better than staying at the concert with the lead singer dropping f bombs left and right and talking about getting drunk.
I also had a good conversation today with a guy I met last year in racquetball club. We talked some about community and what is really important in life and then a little about spiritual beliefs. He is a cool guy, really down to earth. Be praying for him.
Tonight I reconnected with a friend who was in a singing group with me my senior year of high school and her freshman year, so now she is a freshman here and I am a senior and we hungout after His House with some people and had fun.
Classes are alright. Spanish class is pretty fun. My HEV classes are pretty boring so far, but not too bad. Also, I still haven't gotten everything going with my senior research project but I am working on it.
Praise God. He is doing some sweet stuff. Oh, I forgot to mention prayer. I have had some good prayer times this week. We have a 24/7 prayer room that I have gone to a few times, and I also went to the prayer meeting on Tuesday which was really good.
Anyway, I love you all. Have a great day and/or night. Adios

No comments: