Monday, September 8, 2008

Off Course

Well, this was a pretty good weekend. I am sure I won't be able to mention everything good about it. We had a leadership retreat with His House on Friday night and Saturday morning. It was a good time to focus on what we will be doing this year and stuff and to hangout with some people.
After that I helped Matt with a photo project which was pretty fun and then took a nap before Kelsey came and woke me up. We went and got free shakes at culvers with the couponn from the CM Life on Friday. Then we played some tennis, went to Qdoba, played some disc golf (where the off course part comes in when we threw our discs into the pond and/or trees), got slurpees, watched an episode of the Office, played some worship music. Then i had a good time at hot dogs, meeting people and praying and stuff.
Went to church this morning, Ou Qiang came for second service, a little late and we sat in little kid chairs because that's all that was left (praise the Lord). Had a meeting at Fazoli's with some people, took another short nap before Dave woke me up and we went to play disc golf (again with the going off course into the pond and trees). Then we went to the welcome back BBQ and I played djembe with three different groups unexpectedly. It was fun, but I was kind of glad to be done so I could talk to some people and get some food and stuff. I met some new people, re-met some people, talked to some old people, played some ultimate frisbee (dave threw a frisbee into the bushes in the ditch next to the train tracks and we had to get it out...another off course moment but fun), etc..
After cleaning up from that and coming home I went on a bike ride with Sara Mater to a couple playgrounds and played around and then took her back to her dorm and went over and had a good talk with Kassie at the women's house and then came home and saw Derek who had been gone for the weekend, and his brother, and Matt and Chris, who are fun. and I made myself a shake and this is probably a pretty boring post..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get tired just reading about all the stuff you did. Sounds like alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

You gotta wonder who this "anonymous" person is. I've seen their postings on not just this blog, but also Amy's, Kelsey's, and Joseph's. Kind of makes you wonder, huh? Is there some connection?