Friday, August 22, 2008

Mount Pleasy

Yup, you guessed it. I am back in Mount Pleasant at the Men's House (also known as the His House - mom and others, and the Men's Room - Kelsey).
I got back aroudn 2 today and got caught up in some kind of whirlwind. After Dan, one of my new roommates, helped me move my stuff to my room, some of my friends came over and we went rope swinging into the Chip (Chippewa River). From there we came home and hungout for a bit before deciding to go out to Los Palominos for my dinner (my first meal of the day). It took a whle to get our food so by the time we were done we were a few minutes late for His House. After the service I saw and talked to a bunch more people I didn't see all summer. It was pretty great.
Then I came home for about 20 minutes and tried to start unpacking before a few of us went on a prayer walk down Main St with a bunch of parties and drunk people and cops. Despite the sadness of the scene, God gave me a sense of hope and anticipation for what he is going to be doing in these peoples' lives. I am excited to see him work this year. Now, I must get some sleep to wake up and go rope swinging at 9 tomorrow before Brenna, my house sister from last year, has to leave.
Adios

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

btw, when i say "men's room" i'm actually just referring your room in the men's house, not the house as a whole, although i suppose it could go either way.