Saturday, August 9, 2008

Me Olvido

Well, I kind of forgot about this thing, my blog. But here I am, back for more. I had an awesome summer in Dominican Republic. I learned some Espanol, met many awesome people, and God taught me some things about true love.
I learned about seeking love primarily from him, rather than from other people and the importance of spending time with and receiving love from God in order to pour that love out to others.
I am enjoying my time back with my family. I miss the DR but am excited about what God has for me here this year.
Speaking of which, there are a couple things I am particularly excited about. I just went through the twelve lessons on the Travelling Team website and I suggest them for everyone. One thing they talk about is welcoming, which is basically becoming friends with international students. I feel like i have a pretty good opportunity for that since i will be leading the international ministry with His House this year.
Also, something to keep me accountable on is being a mobilizer. A mobilizer is basically somebody who informs and motivates people to do their part to fulfill the great commission. I want to maybe talk at life groups or something about missions and have a daily or at least a few times a week prayer meeting, specifically focusing on missions. I might try to do some other things as well.
Basically, please be praying that I don't lose focus when I get to school and forget about all of this but that I can stay motivated. Also, if you want to join me with any of this, I would love your help.
If you want me to change anything about my blog writing other than making it more frequent, which I am going to try to do, let me know. If you have specific questions about my life, just ask. I love you all. God bless.

No comments: