Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Time

I am not sure if it is just because we weren't allowed to dance in the DR or for other reasons, but I have started to enjoy dancing since returning from the DR this summer. I guess you might not really call what I do dancing but it is fun nonetheless.
We are having our family gettogether. Everybody else is asleep now. It has been pretty good. We haven't really done anything too exciting as a family but it is nice to see everybody. Tomorrow we are expecting some more visitors, some family and some like family.
I finally got all the photos from the DR on facebook, at least enough of them, and tagged and captioned.
I can't really think of anything exciting to share. If something exciting has happened to me recently, you probably already know or don't care.
One thing I have been realizing lately is the freedom of life with Christ. Of course I have heard it talked about throughout my life, but I am starting to realize that I am excperiencing some of it. I feel like there are many people, even people I think of as good Christians, who do not really have the same freedom I have. Some of it is situational, but one thing I am realizing is how much we worry about things that don't matter and stuff, so that is one thing I am trying to get rid of in my life. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7. There is also a good section at the end of Matthew 6 that talks about worry too. I especially like 6:33 which talks about seeking God first and everything else will fall into place. God wants us to let him take care of many things we spend time worrying about. He wants us to focus our time and energy on him and his will rather than our own worries.
Alright, I'm out. Time for some sleep. Freedom and Peace in Christ.

No comments: