Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yay God

Well,
I think my relationship with God has been improving recently, which is good because it has kind of been rocky this past year.
One thing he has been teaching me is to trust him. He has been really teaching me that with the whole DR thing. I haven't had much time to raise the money I need for this summer, but God has reminded me that nothing is impossible with him and gotten me excited for what he is going to do. I have had some pretty good response to facebook messages and letters I have sent out reecently. I am still pretty far from my goal, but it is good to see God working.
Also, today I read some verses that were really applicable to the situation. Actually, I didn't even apply them to the DR situation at first but thought of other things, which I think shows the work God has done in me to keep me from worrying about that. The verses were Psalm 34.8-10. I will let you read them on your own, but what I got from them is that we should expect God to lead us if we are listening to him, and not only will he tell us what to do but will help us along the way. This applies to the DR thing because not only do I need to listen to God leading me to the DR but also realize that he isn't just going to leave me to raise the money I need and everything but will be helping me out along the way. What I got from the next part is that we should not wait for God to pull us along but should follow the slightest whisper from him, which is very hard. Then the last part is about trusting him and being surrounded by his love. It's pretty sweet stuff.
Another passage I read today, as part of a section coach meeting was James 1.27, which says "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
To me, this seems to be saying, if you do these two things, you will be fulfilling God's purpose for you, which is pretty sweet. I mean, it is more complicated than it seems, but still, it is nice to have it in simple words. What I get from it is that there is basically an external and internal purpose for our lives. Outwardly, we need to be loving and serving others. Inwardly, we need to be keeping ourselves set apart and pure.
I hope you are/were able to gain some insight or found that God spoke to you in some way through these things. As always, continue to give glory to God as he continues to bless you.

No comments: