Wednesday, April 23, 2008

That Being Said

I guess it's a good time to write a new post. People say I don't write very often, but I am pretty sure I keep up with the Jones's, and by the Jones's I mean my siblings.
I have kind of an interesting story to share. On Monday night, 21/22 April 2008, I was up until about 6:30 working on homework and stuff. I was working on my senior research project proposal, my portfolio for psych that was due on tuesday (I started it on Monday, instead of the beginning of the semester), and studying for the two exams I had on Tuesday. So, I slept for about 2.54 hours until a little after 9, when I had to wake up to go to class.

Needless to say, I was a little tired and out of it going to class but all we did was listen to some presentations (well, some people did presentations, but I wasn't one of those people because I already did mine, so I just listened). We got out early because the prof had to go to a funeral, so I went to the bank to do some banking I needed to get done.

On my way, I saw something going on in Warriner Mall, so I decided to check it out on my way back. It was and Earth Day thing with a tent and some booths and stuff. Basically, it was a bunch of hippies with different ways to save earth, which is pretty cool because I am somewhat of a hippie myself, and my friends and I all live on the earth so it would be cool for it to not explode or die or whatever it's going to do if we don't save it.

There actually weren't too many people there the first time, but 91.5 was there giving out free CDs. Most of them aren't very good but I decided to look through them and pick out a few to try out. I took some and they are decent. I was basically going for diversity, so I added some diversity to my music collection. Then I got some free Free Trade Chocolate. It was good, and my friend Danielle was the one giving it out. By that time I needed to go to my next class to take an exam, so I did.

Now, I realize this post is becoming very long and not covering much of my life at all, but I am going to keep writing as if I am Paul or Jesus or Solomon or somebody that you would want to listen to (notice I didn't list professors).

Anyway, I took my exam and it was short so I had time before my next one and decided to go back to Earth Day but stopped by the Art gallery on my way, and that was pretty cool. Then I went back to Earth day and got some more free stuff and some more cool people and stuff. Finally, I decided I should study for my next exam since I hadn't done much of that the 'night' before, despite the late hours of being awake (most of it was my portfolio). So, I studied under a tree then went in and took the exam and we had to stay and wait for the rest of the people to get done so we could present an item from our portfolio so I went outside and talked to Kyle, a guy who has been in another class of mine and I had seen around but never talked to. He's nice.

Then I went and did the whole presentation thing which was really short and painless. Okay, so I went back to Earth Day with Mitch after doing a references page for my portfolio that I had forgotten to do, turned that in, gave guitar lessons, went to class early and hungout with Katie a little, fell asleep in class despite all of my efforts to stay awake, came home and ate and then took a nap at around 6 30 that was supposed to last until about 7 30 and ended up lasting until about 2 30 am.

I woke up and wondered what had happened. I was surprisingly aware of the fact that my nap had lasted way to long and it was 2 30, but I didn't know how it had lasted that long and was searching for my alarm watch. I then got up and realized I had been laying on top of the watch, meaning I had either fallen asleep while trying to reset the alarm or while trying to muster up the motivation to get out of bed.

So, I decided to get up, having slept for 8 hours, even though I still felt pretty tired and out of it. So i don't even know what I did...oh yeah, I made ramen and ate it, did some stuff on my computer, got all the recycling stuff together and put it out, then decided to go to Meijer to take cans and bottles back and get trash bags and maybe other stuff. I got 11 boxes of fruit snacks because they were 10 for 10 with the 11th one free (so really 11 for $10) and I will be travelling quite a bit in the near future. So I figured fruit snacks are good for that. I also got some other stuff but forgot to get trash bags. I came home at a little after 5 and decided to sleep until 6 30, which turned into about 7 30 and here I am writing this post, a little unsure of whether I am properly rested but decidedly awake and ready to work on some stuff before class.

Hasta la pasta (I've been working on Spanish for the DR)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

i'm going to say from the rambliness of your post, you may not be fully rested... just a thought. ;)

oh, and i never knew i was a jones. does that make me kelsey jones hill or kelsey hill jones?