Saturday, April 12, 2008

Praise God

I know this title is similar to my last one, but I think it is justified in many ways.
The main reason I titled this post that way is because of some recent news from my Dad about my Dominican Republic support. I talked to him on Thursday before going to His House, and he told me that the Board of my church in HB decided to provide the remainder of the funding for my trip after other people have been given a chance to send in their support. This is really exciting for me. I have been trusting God to provide, but I must admit my level of trust needs some work because money for the trip was still something that burdened my mind sometimes. He taught me some good things about trust lately and I had been excited to see what he would do to provide, so now I am excited to see what he has done to provide and I am also thankful for my HB church and greatly appreciate the way they support missionaries, not just for my sake but because I think it is something many churches need to do more of. Anyway, praise God. He is awesome. A verse that fits pretty perfectly with how I am feeling is Psalm 28.7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Thanks for your prayers and other support. I love you and so does God.

No comments: