Monday, April 28, 2008

Feva-G, EZ-G, and Dexy-MC

I have had some good times this weekend. We have had an extended weekend because of the days off for studying before finals. Along with finishing up volunteering for a class and working, I was able to have some fun.
Feva-G (Matt) and I have been having alot of fun lately. First of all, though, I played soccer for about 2.5 hours on Thursday, which was awesome and very tiring. Thursday night I led worship at His House with rommates Matt and Grant and others. After His House, Matt and I went to the church and caught the end of the baptisms and the beginning of the senior party. We pretty much ate and left. We went to Rachel Foss's party where we just did crazy things like throwing whole (wrapper and all) ice cream sandwiches back and forth and trying to catch them in our mouths and sticking M&Ms up my nose and dancing (if you could call it dancing) to no music. Friday I worked all day and then led Innermost with Matt. That was a really good time for me to connect with God.
After Innermost we did our traditional trip to Walgreens. This time a couple others joined us in our crazy antics. We eventually made our way home and not long after people came over and we decided to play soccer in the rain, starting a little before midnight. A little after 1 we came back and played some lightning. Matt and I had a nice collision. He was turning and coming up after recovering his ball and I had just made a shot and was preparing to catch the rebound. He ended up turning and coming up with his forehead right on the corner of my chin pretty hard. He got a nice bump and my chin is a little bruised.
After that and some chillaxin inside, I went to the Birdhouse to watch Casper, at around 3, which we soon (around 3 30) decided to watch in installments. So I came home and got to bed around 4. Saturday wasn't too exciting. Today Matt and I have been working on our Mount Pleasant Globetrotter moves. We're getting pretty good, so watch out.
I went for a walk with Amanda through the woods that I got lost in a year or two ago because she is a towny and wanted to see where I got lost. She ended up knowing somebody who used to live in one of the houses I emerged from the woods behind. And found out soon after that one of her youth group girls lives in another house right there and saw us walking through her backyard today.
I went shopping for some shoes with Bryan today because I wanted some shoes that are closed but still breezy for the DR. I ended up with some water shoes. I will test them in Louie, and if they're good, I'll take em to the DR. I am pretty excited about this summer.
I am almost done with school, only one exam, my research proposal and a few other little things.
Oh, I almost forgot. We have been playing speed scrabble lately which is pretty sweet. and tonight Derek, Matt and I decided to play the "Ghetto Version" in which we make up words that sound like ebonics or something and then explain what they mean. That is how we got the names listed in the title. Good times. I highly recommend Ghetto Speed Scrabble, or just normal speed scrabble. good times.

No comments: