Sunday, September 27, 2009

Connections: Small world and all that jazz

Yesterday, I was working at Cook's and a lady came in. As is encouraged, I asked the lady if she was or would like to be on our customer list. After her affirmative response to the latter, I noticed that her address was on Dover Rd in Clare, the same road my in-laws live on. So I asked if she knows the Bays or Ricolos. She asked which Bays, and I clarified. She informed me that she is family friends of Kassie's grandparents and also knows Kassie's mom. So, that was my excitement for the day at work.

Today, Grant(one of my men's house roommates both years I was there)'s parents were at church and they came up to me excitedly and explained that they were looking at Kassie and my wedding pictures on facebook. Grants dad was looking at them, for whatever reason, and got excited and called over his wife. As it turns out, he worked with my Grandpa Max for several years in Royal Oak. Pretty crazy. What a mind-blowing or maybe world-shrinking weekend.

*Bonus*
That's right, you get extra credit for reading this story, or something like that. It's about a dream it's real life correlations. I will start with the dream as well as I remember it:

I was sitting on a brick wall, a short terrace wall (like the ones going down to the lake at the cottage, except taller, for those who know the cottage), talking to somebody and I saw one of my SpringHill campers in a mass of people in front of us. She then left and went over to a field where people were partying and stuff. Soon after, I followed her to the field to see if I could find her, but most of the partiers had left. I was surprised, though, to see me friend Kristen kicking a soccer ball with somebody (not that she can't kick a soccer ball, but I just wasn't expecting her to be in the field or to be kicking a ball in the field). I asked her what she was doing there and if she was going to come to ____. I don't remember what event I was asking her about or inviting her to, but she informed me she would not be going because was about to go eat. I asked her why she was eating so late and she told me it was because she had been making a fake mustache earlier and hadn't had time to eat.

Connections with real life: I had been at Hot Dogs last night sitting on the swing on the men's house porch talking to Katie Bennett overlooking the mass of people getting hot dogs, playing lightning, talking, etc. I noticed one of my SpringHill campers there and saw her leave with a couple people and then come back. When I was leaving I looked for her but didn't find her. I also saw Kristen at hot dogs, but I don't know where the soccer ball or fake mustache come in. Also, last night I was walking home and had some kind of thought that I thought was nightmarish, so I prayed that I wouldn't have nightmares but would instead have a good dream that I would remember. So, I guess that was it. Cool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is Grant's Dad's name? Grandpa would like to know. -Mom