Monday, September 14, 2009

Life, Love, and Happiness, and then the Hoy Ghost

Well, I am talking to Amy right now about some things that are going on in my life and decided to share them with whoever reads this.

I still havent found a job. I am trying to continue to trust God with that. In fact, I am taking a little break from looking at the job websites and stuff to get my focus in the right place, depending on God rather than myself. I know that I can't just expect God to do everything for me, but I feel like he is telling me to do this.

Other things are starting to pick up a little bit. the Drama ministry started on Friday and I went to that meeting. I don't normally consider myself much of a drama person but I think I will enjoy it. Kassie is one of the leaders, and I had fun at the meeting on Friday.

Also, Kassie and I started Financial Peace University, a finance course by Dave Ramsey that is offered through His House. It should be good to start a budget and stuff.

I was assigned to two international students as a conversation partner through the English Language Institute at CMU.

So, those are some of the things going on in my life. I also just finished a book called Bruchko about Bruce Olson, a missionary to the Motilone tribe in South America. It was a really good book, and now I am reading In The Gap about missions which is pretty convicting.

Kassie and I are trying to figure out where we are going to go from here. Kassie will be finishing her Associate's degree in the Spring. After that we plan on moving away, anywhere from New Orleans to New Zealand. In other words, we're not sure where.

I have thought of the possibility of teaching English in another country, such as Korea of China, or just moving to a developed english speaking country, such as New Zealand and getting some type of job to pay of loans and such.

You can be be praying for us now, as we have completely different schedules or lack thereof and for the future. Thanks.

No comments: