Friday, July 3, 2009

writing

I decided today that I should write more

I havent been writing much lately, but I think writing is good for me

It is a good way for me to make sense of thoughts and stuff...maybe I haven't been thinking as much lately either.

My prayer journal is something I write in quite frequently but I want to write in it more and make it more sincere rather than writing I want to pray for this person and this person and this person.

Anyway, speaking of reading, I read a fiction book this week. I don't read fiction very often but I "worked" all day Tuesday and had 5 customers in the 8.5 hours I was there. I decided to read Adam by Ted Dekker. It was a good book and I realized how much fiction tends to suck me in. maybe not all fiction but Ted Dekker is a good writer, i would say. I finished the book last night after reading more at work yesterday afternoon and then checking the book out to take it home and read last night.


I wasn't sure about reading fiction, whether it would be a productive use of my time or not, but I think it was. It was an interesting experience. As I said it sucked me in. One thing I got from the book was a renewed appreciation for the spiritual realm. as the book said, it's easy for people to forget there is a spiritual realm or to not believe in it at all, but it is very real and I think it is good to be aware of.

well, I am kind of not sure what my life is doing right now, but I know God has plans for me. sometimes I get tired of doing the daily things and the other things that we have to get done and I just want to do what God wants me to do, but I am trying to remember that what God wants for me is at least just as much about my attitude as it is about what I am actually doing "do everything without complaining or arguing" "be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" etc.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yes, Ted Dekker *is* good. I can't believe you've already gotten to read Adam and I haven't yet. Ok, I can believe it, but I'm not happy about it.

I've also found myself going through similar things with my prayer journal, trying to be more real and less sunday school-ish.