Thursday, July 30, 2009

If I were an elephant...

I think I am going to write about one of my recent dreams. I enjoy dreams and sometimes write them down when I remember them.
Sometimes they are meaningful. Maybe they are always meaningful but I just don't figure out the meaning. Feel free to offer interpretations of the following:

I was in a store, like Goodwill or something, except I dont remember clothes there, just the other random stuff. I was shopping with Kelsey and we were getting some things. Except, in this dream I think Kelsey was a mix of Kassie and Kelsey or something, like two people in one. On one hand, we bought some stuff together for our apt. On the other hand, she was buying some stuff for her Kelsey self separately. Then she was gone from the dream and Mom came in. I think I was expecting Kelsey to come back at some point but she never did. I showed mom some of the stuff we were getting and I think I had picked something out for Kelsey after she had left, just because it was orange, or something like that.
Mom wanted to learn how to bowl and I was going to show her. There were some bowling balls in the store but none of them fit my fingers so I made a poor attempt of showing her with a ball in each hand how to swing it, while Amy pointed out (I don't know if she was physically there or just a voice in my head) that I am not that great of a bowler anyway and probably shouldn't be giving lessons.
Giving up on the bowling thing, we were going to check out. So we saw that people were at the checkout desk but then noticed another checkout desk way in the front, too far away to actually be in the store. In fact, it wasn't really inside at all, with only a wall directly behind the person at the desk. The wall being about as long as the desk allowed sight of some kind of town square or big shipping yard or pier or boardwalk or something behind it. The Asian lady behind the desk said she had to go see her family before she could ring us up. To our chagrin and despite our protests, she left to do so as we waited. Fortunately she was quick in seeing her family and returned shortly to ring us up. My total came to $9.46 or something like that, which was much less than I expected, although I couldnt recall anything I was buying to figure out how much it should cost. I was pulling out a 10 and somewhere in the transaction I woke up or switched to a different dream or something.

Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Well, I think the Kassie-Kelsey two-people-in-one deal is a good sign that my fears are confirmed -- having a Kassie Hill & Kelsey Hill in the same place (and with the same favorite color) is going to confuse people. The fact that I disappeared and never came back... well, hopefully that doesn't have any implications with me getting home (or not getting home) safely from Africa.

The total cost of everything you bought has something to do with the book "I believe in unicorns," which is selling for $9.46 at amazon. So now the question is, do you believe in unicorns?

If you do, that would explain the bowling and having Amy's voice in your head...

Kelsey said...

Hmmm, I just actually clicked on the link and "I believe in unicorns" is currently going for only $9.37, so there goes that theory

Unknown said...

I do, in fact, believe in unicorns. I am not sure how that explains the bowling and having Amy's voice in my head.