Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Transliteration...I am not really sure what enabling it does other than make my titles turn into question marks, but I am pretty sure that's what the

...problem was. I just wanted to see how long a title could be. I was looking through my titles and noticed that they tend to be once word, so I wanted to go with something longer this time.

When I was changing the colors of my blog, I was looking at the settings and stuff and decided to enable transliteration, mostly because I didn't know what it was and didn't really think it would affect anything unless somebody tried to translate the page or something.

It did affect something other than that, though. It made my title into question marks.

Today was a lazy day, and I am trying to figure out if that is good or bad.

Kassie and I did not really do much today. I got up to go for a research study I am taking part in. I had to sit in a 90 degree chamber for a while and then do some exercise in it and get pictures taken and stuff. I go two more times to do the same thing at different temps. I get paid for it, so that's nice.

Anyway, after that, I went to the library to take back a couple movies (we can check out movies from the CMU library for free; they don't have a large selection but they have some interesting movies, including quite a few foreign films.) and check out a couple more. Then I came home and woke Kassie up...she doesn't work on Mondays, and I rarely work on mondays (rarely work in general, although I have gotten more hours this month than previously and one employee is about to leave because she got a different job so I might get more hours).

After that we were just lazy around the apartment all day, spent some time with God, made some food, watched one of the movies I got, took a nap, watched the other movie, got a slurpee, etc.

On the one hand, I felt lazy and bad for not really doing anything productive.

On the other hand, I think my mind is often in a productivity mode that is not necessarily good, and I think it was good for us to spend some time together without worrying about the things that need to get done and stuff.

I guess I am still trying to figure out God's will in some ways. It has been nice just getting back to spending quality time with him and getting to know him again, but I often feel like I should be "doing" more.

Well, I should probably sleep soon since I have to wake up tomorrow for the research thingy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Transliteration is a process in which words in one alphabet are represented in another alphabet. There are a number of rules which govern transliteration between different alphabets, designed to ensure that it is uniform, allowing readers to clearly understand transliterations. Transliteration is not quite the same thing as transcription, although the two are very similar; in transcription, people represent sounds with letters from another alphabet, while in transliteration, people attempt to map letters over each other, sometimes with accent marks or other clues to suggest particular sounds.

Kelsey said...

what movies did you watch? i'm thinking about either leaving behind some of my movies or starting a collection of movies to ship over here that they can keep in the library and let people check out.

Kelsey said...

ps. i found a coupon for a free slurpee in my camera case... with NO expiration date! woohoo! it's only like 8 oz or something, but it'll be good for easing back into them, methinks.