Thursday, January 17, 2008

If you were a hypothetical situation, what situation would you be?

Well, I have now been to all of my classes at least once, but only one all four times in the two weeks due to the cancellation of my four tuesday classes last week.
They are going pretty well. In lifeguarding I have been learning how to swim properly which is a slow and difficult process but exciting. It is mainly exciting for a couple reasons. First of all, I think I will enjoy swimming more once I actually know how to do it right. Secondly, I was able to swim 550 yrds last week, with much difficulty, and I am figuring it will be much easier to do when I know how to swim.
In two of my classes, I am the only male. The joys of being a Family Studies major. Yeah, I know, many guys would love being in a room full of ladies. I, on the other hand, am currently somewhat afraid/uncertain of females.
Another interesting fact about my classes this semester is that right after HEV 411, which according to my prof is the capstone Family Studies class, I have HEV 100, which is the introduction to family studies and other HEV fields. Needless to say, HEV 100 tends to be somewhat boring. Today, in that class, I learned about Freud for the 1,235th, give or take a few, time in my college experience.
I am looking forward to doing volunteer hours for one of my classes. I am just not good at setting that stuff up.
I am also somewhat interested in my PSY 330H class. I like the professor because he is organized and sticks to the point while also giving interesting stories and examples. Today, we discussed a study that dealt with religion and psychology and it was interesting to have that discussion with a professor from the Psych side rather than the religion side. He readily admitted he doesn't have a great understanding of certain religions, whereas the religion professors who have had similar discussions seem to have a great understanding of religion along with a good understanding of psychology, at least psychology related to the topic being discussed.
That is just a little bit about my classes. I will leave it at that for tonight. You have a good one. God bless. Remember, if your wife don't find you handsome, she sure will find you handy.

No comments: