Saturday, January 12, 2008

Awwwwesssomme

Well, I finished my first week of my 6th semester. I still have not had one of my classes because classes were cancelled on tuesday, my day of four classes, because of a power outage. My lifeguarding class is interesting. I am realizing how bad I am at swimming. However it has also been exciting because even with my lack of swimming skills I was able to perservere through 550 yds of swimming, and I think once I actually know how to swim it will be much easier.
One thing I am learning about myself and working on is about relationships. I need to work on loving people. Most of the time I pursue relationships for my own benefit rather than the other person's. I also started reading Five Love Languages of Singles today on my first day back at work. It was good to be back. My day today consisted of swimming for about 1 1/2 hours with some guidance from one of our assistant instructors in my class, making and eating lunch/planning dinner for monday with Matt, working for 5 hours, eating dinner, playing racquetball with Chris and Nick, and watching Bourne Ultimatum with those two and others.
Tomorrow I am going to Issue Day. I am not really sure what it is all about, but I figure I should go since I have issues. Actually, I am pretty sure it is about issues such as hunger and homelessness, AIDS, etc.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Wow, that's a lot of swimming. I've been doing some swimming lately but I'm not sure I could make it that long. You will have to teach me how to swim once you learn how. Right now I do a lot of floundering and Carrie laughs at me.