Monday, June 27, 2011

Created for...Music?

What did God create me to do?

Not long ago, I was talking to a group of middle schoolers and let them know that we were all created by God for a specific purpose. I used the illustration of an automobile. Automobiles are created for transport, but different automobiles are created for different types of transport. Some cars are designed for short distances or to get good gas mileage. Certain trucks are made for hauling or carrying large loads. Some cars are made for speed.

In the same way, humans are created by God to have a relationship with him and to bring him glory. We were also created by Him to give him glory in certain ways.

I am trying to figure out the second part. Obviously, the best way to do that is to ask God, since he is the one who designed me. However, I guess I am a little impatient. Here's what I have so far:

Before moving to Ohio and multiple times since then, I have felt a push towards music. That's why we moved to Ohio. While I was a worship leader at a church there, I felt a push to pursue music further and joined a band. Then, various things happened and we left Ohio.

So, I was looking for jobs and a youth ministry position opened and I took it, thinking, "I'll give it a try. I am sure I can do it, whether it is what I am called to or not." I am pretty sure it is not what I am gifted for or called to, but I enjoy some parts of it.

I have recently felt the push towards music again, and have been thinking about what type of ministry I could do with music and how Kassie could/would want to be involved. We went to the Big Ticked Festival last week, and I feel like there was something I was supposed to learn or get from it or something that is holding on to me that I can't quite figure out.

Also, last week, Kassie and I were discussing the possibility of doing some sort of ministry and she told me that God told her that I am supposed to do some sort of music ministry. But that's as far as she knows.

I appreciate your prayers and any insight you can provide. Thanks.

I hav

No comments: