Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I have never been a huge fan of Christmas decorations, but I like them. I get slightly mesmerized looking at the lights on the tree and for some reason that is enjoyable.

Kassie also enjoys them, much more than I do.
Having the Christmas decorations somehow makes me more acutely aware of our lack of wall decorations. Kassie doesn't really like my large painting and discourages my attempts to hang it.

The church looks nice too. I have been gone for a few days and all of a sudden there are a bunch of Christmas decorations, which I heard were put up by the Boyls. Good job Boyls!

I am also very appreciative of Jesus. I often thank God for everything he has done for us or given us and then think "Wow, that thank you really doesn't even nearly begin to be enough, nor do I even understand how much I am attempting to thank God for." Yet, God's pretty cool and understanding, and I think he enjoys even our meager attempts to give him thanks. Really all year should be Thanksgiving, and as far as a Holiday, I think Christmas should definitely also be Thanksgiving.

No comments: