Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Music, Sports and Wii

I like music, sports and Wii. I also enjoy many other things.
I recently got a new bass guitar for a sweet deal (I can tell you the whole story if you want). Also, my father* is starting to show some interest in learning bass, so I taught him a few things tonight. I will probably be showing Mike (the pastor I will be working with) a few things on the bass too.

*I decided to use Kelsey's asterisk idea, which I guess isn't really hers, but her blog is the one I've seen asterisks used in...now for the reason for the asterisk...I don't usually use the word father. Rather, I call him my dad. However, I have recently begun to like father and mother better than mom or dad. I still use the terms mom and dad most of the time but I like mother and father. I also like the word soda better than pop although I usually use the word "pop" because that is what I am used to. I am not sure what they call it in Northeast Ohio.

I enjoy active things, sports included. Sports has actually become a very broad term. Maybe it has always been a broad term, but sometimes I wonder about whether things are actually sports. I can think of any good example right now but I am sure you can come up with some of your own. Anyway, in the winter I sometimes have a hard time motivating myself to go outside but when I do I usually feel better. In the past week or two i have gone sledding, ice skating, snow shoveling, walking, etc. It's just nice to get out. I also played some sports in a gym with my family...mostly floor hockey, but also a little soccer and then some Dance Praise.

My parents have a Wii and while it is more active than most video game systems, I think I could become addicted in a way that would take away from more important things in life. It has been fun to use while we're here though.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I saw the asterisk and looked to the bottom of the post to find the reason and thought maybe you just randomly stuck in a * without a reason... until I realized it was the 2nd paragraph.