Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yesterday seems so far away

Actually, yesterday doesn't seem that far away, but this post IS about yesterday.

I got up pretty late after staying up somewhat late the night before.

I spent some time with God and Kassie called me saying she was on her 75 minute lunch break. I decided to go visit her. I took some cards and we played two handed euchre.

I stopped by the men's house afterwards and talk to matt monroe a little bit.

Then I was heading home, or so I thought. God prompted me to go downtown, so I thought, not really sure if it was God's prompting or just a thought in my head, I would at least take that route to get home. As I was riding my bike down main and closing in on broadway I noticed some asian women looking somewhat lost and I deduced that they were probably Korean teachers on the downtown scavenger hunt (there's a group of Korean teachers at CMU taking some classes and doing activities in the afternoons and stuff).

so I went up to them and asked if my assumption was correct, which it was. I helped them find the place they were looking for, in the opposite direction of where they were headed and we talked. then they were going to go to sit down at a coffee shop so I was going with them and they met up with another group. I answered some of their questions and then my mom called.

As I was talking to my mom, the Koreans were standing on the corner trying to decide where to go next and Julie, one of their facilitators, came up. The Koreans went off to find their next destination and Julie stayed with me as I finished my phone conversation, distracted from what mom was telling me.

I had met Julie in the Spring due to my leadership of the international ministry at His House and her position as an ELI instructor at CMU. We talked for a little while and then met back up with some of the Koreans and they wanted to take pictures of me with bare feet. I had bare feet not only because that's how I like to be, but also because I had forgotten my flips at the men's house.

As we were taking pictures and talking, my friend James, from SpringHill/South Bend/Honduras(I met James at SpringHill, his family lives in South Bend, and he teaches English in Honduras) came out of Max and Emily's with Sandra Russel. I am not sure exactly why James was in MP. He had been up earlier this summer and I got to see him but I didn't expect to see him again. It was a great surprise. He started talking to the Koreans who were excited to meet somebody who taught English in another country, and I talked to Sandra. And guess what! ..... Did you guess? ... no, she was not wearing a purple and pink striped skirt ... she lives right across the street from Kassie and I!

So then I bid James and Sandra farewell as they went to eat and the Koreans went on with their activity. I talked to Julie more. We were talking about jobs and God and life and such when I got another phone cal...from an unknown number...who could it be???...it was a guy from Wendels!...I had forgotten that I had called them about a job posting I saw. So he asked me some about myself, and then informed me he would give somebody else my information and they would contact me. Wendels used to be on the corner of Pickard and Mission and I thought it was great because I had a friend nicknamed Wendel, and I like that name. but I think it upgraded and moved down further on Pickard and became Wendel's Home Furnishings. Anyway, hopefully I will get a job there and it will be good.

Anyway, there was more that happened in the day but that was kind of a crazy cool afternoon.

What's going to happen today? I guess I will soon find out, and you might find out later. God already knows, so maybe he would tell you sooner. mystery.

No comments: