Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Exploding grape juice

This morning Kassie and I went out to the car as I was taking her to work and found that one of the bottles of sparkling grape juice had exploded. Fortunately it was in the back part of the car and not the front.

After I dropped her off, I came home and got some cleaning stuff before going to teach Moses a guitar lesson. I was able to clean most of it up. It seemed to come out surprisingly well. Although maybe when it is dry it will reappear or something. We'll see.

Then I was planning on going to the beginning disc golf class that Brooke is taking, but I had some extra time so I stopped at Target.

Then I went to the disc golf course and talked to a guy before brooke came. I guess I am not good under pressure...I am not the greatest disc golfer anyway, but when there is a whole class watching me, I do worse. So I had a bad first shot, and then my third shot went into the water. Brooke's first throw went into the water along with our instructor's. Mine was somewhat close to shore, unlike Brooke's, so I decided to wade in and get it.

Well, it turns out it was a little deeper than expected and I went about up to my shoulders. I did find it though, even though I couldnt see it, by feeling for it with my feet. Brooke and I might go back later.

As we rounded the bend of the course, Brooke and I decided to break off from the group as others had already done, so we continued, successfully (without going in the water) around the pond while the instructor and others continued the actual direction of the course.

It was a good time and Brooke and I might go disc diving later. Unfortunately, my phone got a little wet and isn't working quite right, but Brooke said putting it in rice dries it out, so I am trying that.

Fun times. We'll see what more is in store for this afternoon!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

So, when you were talking about maybe wanting a new phone, you were prophetically referring to the fact that you were about to destroy yours in a pond...