Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Called To Controversy

Expectations are important. When I requested Called To Controversy by Ruth Rosen from the BookSneeze program, I was expecting an inspirational story of a man who overcame controversy to share the gospel with Jewish people. While the story is about that type of man, and it is, at some points, inspirational, it is much longer and more biographical than I was expecting. I am sure it paints a great picture of who Moishe Rosen was with great detail. However, I wasn't looking for a biography.
Needless to say, I became uninterested in the book and had a difficult time continuing to read it. I must admit, I did not finish the book.
Although, if you are looking for a biography of Moishe (Martin) Rosen, this is probably the book for you. It is clear that the writer went to great lengths to ensure the accuracy of the information. She makes it clear what was actually said by Mr. Rosen, what came from secondary sources, and so on.
I don't think I would suggest this book for anyone, unless, as I mentioned earlier, they were interested in a biography of Moishe Rosen.

This book was provided free by BookSneeze.

No comments: