Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Homosexuality and Christianity

I don't always enjoy non-fiction, but I tend to enjoy non-fiction that tells a story. Out of a Far Country not only tells a story, but it is a story that can be helpful and relevant to people in various ways.
This particular story is one of a man who deals with homosexuality and how God uses different situations to bring his mother to Christ and eventually bring him to Christ.
There were parts of the book that I thought might have dwelt on the sinful world the man was involved in, but that also could allow certain people to relate to his story more.
He got into drugs, got kicked out of college, became a major drug supplier, and eventually went to prison. The mother dealt with family issues, marital stress, past issues, in-law expectations, etc.
I think it is a great redemptive story that is compared to the prodigal son. I would recommend this book to many people and highly recommend it to certain people.
For people dealing with homosexuality, it could be a good resource as well as the other issues that I mentioned are in the book.
This book was provided free for review by Waterbrook Multnomah Group.

No comments: