Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WOAH!!

I'm a dad!!!
I'm excited for this new journey in our life. Aurelia Jane Hill is so far a very good baby. She has a fairly regular eating schedule and doesn't cry or fuss too much except when she is hungry or uncomfortable. Our sleep schedules are definitely different than what we're used to, but we have at least been able to get a couple hours of sleep here and there.

Kassie is doing great. She is such a wonderful wife and mother. We take turns feeding Aurelia (me using the bottles she fills up), and she has been good to me by being conscious of my work schedule and when I have to be up early.

Even though we were only in the hospital two days, I felt like I had missed a lot at work, but I am starting to get back in the swing of things, while also taking time to be with my girls and also time to rest and get some sleep.

Speaking of girls, we added not just one but two members to our family last week. Along with Aurelia, we got a cat, Gracie, from her owners. They were looking for somebody to take her because they have another cat who doesn't get along with Gracie and have had to have Gracie in their basement for a while. She's a great cat and we are glad to have her so far. She came with everything we need to care for her. SHe hasn't caused any problems and seems pretty low maintenance. She also provides some entertainment, such as when Kassie wakes up to find her laying in the bathroom sink.

Let us know if you want to come visit to see our beautiful baby and/or Kassie, Gracie, and I.

I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed by the female imbalance in our house, so if you are a female who wants to come visit, you have to bring at least one male with you. Just kidding...but seriously, think about it.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I want to come visit!! Maybe I can convince Joe to come with me so as not to upset the male/female balance even further. I'm at the point of my cold where my fever's gone (I think) and my nose is attempting to drain all the contents of my body, so I think we're nearing the end... (of my cold, not of my life or something drastic like that).

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a great idea. We should come visit. Maybe tomorrow if the roads look ok. I don't think I can keep Grandma away any longer :)