Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aurelia Jane

She's cute; she's cuddly; she's learning 3+ languages; she can jump, fly, and dance; who is she?
Aurelia Jane Hill!

I figured you would rather read about Aurelia than about another book I recently read, or even about me, personally. So here's what's happening:

First of all, she's been cute and cuddly since she was born. I sang her a song last night while burping her about her being the best baby in the world because she's the cutest. I tend to make up a lot of peculiar songs when spending time with Reli (I like this nickname, pronounced RAYL-ee, but am not sure about the spelling. I like nicknames whose spelling comes directly from the original name like Matt from Matthew as opposed to John from Jonathon or something, but Reli looks more like rely than raylee...also I am not sure if I like Reli more enough than Aurie to bother with the spelling.)

Okay, enough babbling.

I have been talking/singing to Aurie in Spanish as well as English and have been teaching her my complete knowledge of Arabic, which consists of approximately 5 words. Also, I talk (I don't really know this language so my talking is more gibberish than anything) to her in that clicky African language so that she will be able to learn it easier when she gets older if she needs to.

I like to make her jump (really I just lift her up high and bring her back down, with little to no effort being made from her). If nothing else, this offers a brief distraction from whatever she has been fussing about (constipation, lately). Her eyes open wide as she tries to take in the sights that are flying past her field of vision. She then sits there getting reoriented for a few seconds before getting back to her fussing, which sometimes she forgets about altogether, at least for several minutes.

Well, maybe there was enough babbling before, but I seem to be good at producing more.

Flying is very similar to the jumping except that I walk around the room and sometimes roll her over and stuff like that. I am not sure if she enjoys it or not.

You may have seen the very popular facebook video of Aurelia dancing. If not, check it out. Kassie posted it, and you should be able to find it more easily than I could provide a link for you.

Bonus: Gracie (the cat) seems to be afraid of Reli. Gracie doesn't always run away or stay away from Aurie but has been known to do so on occasion.

As far as the boring stuff like how much Aurelia's eating and pooping and her height and weight and everything like that, I guess you'll have to ask her mom for more details. I'll just sum it up by saying she's progressing sufficiently.

No comments: