Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You Call Us Your Children

First of all, the title is from a song I was listening to when I wrote it. But isn't that a sweet concept? that God calls us His children. Wow.

I have such a small concept of God, such a small understanding of everything.

Speaking of that, I think I might have wrote in my blog or somewhere else that when I thank God for everything and I actually think about it, I feel like my thank you is really insufficient.

Which makes me realize, as least as much as I can, that everything I do is insufficient. Everything I do is puny. Yet, God appreciates my piddly little efforts. God uses my next-to-nothingness and uses it for something.

How often, though, do I try to take things into my own hands? How often do I get caught up in myself rather than getting caught up in God? Well, honestly, the answer is almost always.

Also, speaking of honesty, I really didn't have any direction for this post. It could have ended up like the one that said I don't blog very consistently. But instead, God has used it to direct me to Him, and I hope you get the same thing.

No comments: