Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pavarotti

I have been kind of overwhelmed by everything going on in my life lately, but I am trying to remind myself to take it one step at a time and focus on God.
I think I am getting better at the one step at a time thing, but I still need more work on focusing on God.
Today I read about David's mighty men. They did some sweet stuff. They were devoted.
We took out trash for people tonight. It was really cold but also rewarding. It was cool to meet people. They were a little surprised at what we were doing but were overall very welcoming.
We took out trash at apartments with mostly international students both to serve them and to invite them to a thing we are starting next week. Tomorrow we are doing the same thing exceppt at a dorm with international students instead of apartments.
I realized how easy it is to serve people. We just had to take a couple hours out of hour schedule, get some trash bags and go from door to door asking people if they wanted their trash taken out and it was a good way to serve and to meet people. I hope to look for things like that more often rather than focusing on all of the stuff i "need" to do.
Speaking of stuff I need to do, I should be doing homework right now, so I guess i will do that.
Have a wonderful night.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

So... you listened to Pavarotti while taking out trash for people? Or if you were going to make a movie out of taking out trash for people, Pavarotti would be part of the soundtrack? Does Pavarotti actually have anything to do with anything here?

Kate said...

The opera reference is for what?