Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Semester, My Last ; )

Well, this looks to be an interesting semester. I am looking forward to it...well, I guess I am already in it, but looking forward to the rest of it.
I am mostly looking forward to being done with my senior research project. I have been able to motivate myself to do little pieces of it each day, which seems to be working out well.
I need to get used to doing that with my other school work as well.]

a few stories.
I only have classes in the afternoon, mondays and wednesday from 1-3 15, and tuesday and thursday from 2-4 45, along with my internship which I need to meet with Eric about and the class meetings for that on 5 fridays throughout the semester.
Monday-
Spent time with God and Kassie in the morning, walked Kassie to her noon class, got lost because she didn't know the room number but eventually found it.
on my way to the library to do some things before my 1:00 class I met up with Chris Cadogan who was lost because he didn't know where the ET building is, so I took him there
I then got lost because I couldn't remember numbers 5 seconds after reading them. In the music building I went to the classroom next door to the one I was supposed to be in for both of my classes. the first one a girl came in and asked her friends who were already there if it was the woodwind tech classroom, and they said yes to which she replied that she was in the right place and i realized i was not. so I slipped out and went to the classroom next door where i found Matt Harris, my old roommate in in the class with me, along with Joe V., one of my current roommates. I need to pick out a song to sing for that class tomorrow.
the second class i was off by one number but then looked at my sheet before actually going in. that one I entered to find that there are only 4 people, including the professor and I, in that class. when we introduced ourselves and were supposed to mention something fun about break I told the class that I got engaged. the prof said he hopes I did it better than him. he then told us his story. it's a pretty good one so if you want to hear it, let me know.
so then I went and met with Brooke and we talked in the Rotunda because the rest of the UC was really busy and then went to her house where she cooked me a delicious vegan mexicanish meal.
today, I had family studies classes, both with my friend Carla, one also with Ashley Sneary. that was interesting and mostly fun.
I felt kind of popular in the first one because our prof was going to split us into groups and allowed us, if we wanted, to choose one person that we would like to be in our group. I decided not to choose anybody and leave it up to the prof but both Carla and Jaime (sp?) chose me.
since then I have been hanging out with Kassie between classes. I met her in the UC as I was going by on my way home and decided to walk with her to class. then I decided to work in a computer lab on my SRP while she was in class so I could hangout with her in the 40 minute break between the two classes and also get some stuff done on my SRP.
so then we hungout and she went to class and I came back to the lab to do some more work and now I am taking a break and decided to write something here.
it is getting long now.
anyway, God is great and I am excited for what he is doing/will do this semester

2 comments:

Kate said...

I want to know how he proposed...Kate

Kelsey said...

me, too.

also, i think your stories of going to the wrong class are pretty hilarious. ;)