Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Post

Who knew that a post could refer to papermaking? Well, I sure didn't until I looked it up on dictionary.com
Disclaimer: I am fairly tired and in a strange mood currently. Any material in this post may or may not represent the views of Josh Hill. I hope it makes you laugh because laughter is good for your soul.
Do you ever notice the most random things when you are tired? I just noticed that the words your and soul both use an o-u combination.
Anyway, I suppose I should let you in on a little bit of my life. I am currently planning on going to Louisiana for a week at the beginning of the summer. I will be going with some people from my church and working with the disaster relief stuff that is going on down there.
After that, I will be home for less than a week before travelling to the Dominican Republic for 2 1/2 months. I wll be doing an internship with Orphanage Outreach in Monte Cristi. Basically, I will probably be heading up some kind of ministry down there, possibly something with music, and leading and helping out the teams that will be down there throughout the summer. I would appreciate your prayers as I prepare and as I am there. Also, I am going to need approximately $4000 for the costs of the program and the airfare, so I would appreciate your prayers for that. If you would like to contribute money, that would be appreciated as well and you can talk to me about that.
Other than that, I am staying busy with school stuff. I have quite a bit going on for the rest of the semester, big projects to start and/or finish, and other things still going on, but I think I am going to make it through probably, despite a desire to dropout and just become a full-time missionary right now. I love you guys.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Aren't you the one who recently told me that you most likely wouldn't be going to the DR for a variety of reasons? Was that just to throw me off or what?

Anyway, sounds like it should be cool. If I give you $4000 for your trip, will you give me $20000 for mine? ;)