Monday, March 2, 2015

Understanding The Bible

People can spend a lifetime studying the Bible and not fully understand it. However, it is important that we study it, and there are various resources for helping us do so. God's Story in 66 Verses is Stan Guthrie's resource for making a basic understanding of the Bible more easily attainable. Guthrie goes through the Bible book by book and succinctly describes what each book is about in one short chapter of his book.
I think this book is a great resource for anybody trying to gain a quick understanding of the Bible, book by book. I think Guthrie does a good job of presenting a relatively unbiased explanation of each book. This book surely allows for further investigation of the Bible, but does provide a solid basic understanding.
I was a little thrown off at first when reading the book. Based on the title and description I had read, I was expecting more of an emphasis on the theme verse from each book of the Bible. The chapters, instead, focused on an overview of each book with some allusion to the theme verse.
That being said, I am glad to have read this book and to have it for future reference. I would also recommend this book to others.
I appreciate BookLook Bloggers for giving me this book for review.

No comments: