Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Something Different

After my previous review, I was looking through the books available for review from BookLook Bloggers and saw several that I thought I might like. I ended up choosing one that I wouldn't normally be interested in but thought might be a good one for my daughter when she gets a little older. I figured it would be an easy book to get through and would offer a change of pace.
The book Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids by Jill Osborne did end up being a quick read. It follows the adventures of a young spokesperson for a shoe company as she learns the ups and downs of a life of responsibility, a life that takes her away from her home and friends and that involves more thrills than anyone could have been prepared for. Riley seems to be accident prone as people around her continually end up in the hospital. Maybe they aren't just accidents.
The book includes many lessons about growing up and about faith, and I would recommend it for the target audience. If you are a little bit out of the target, like me, you still might be able to get something out of it and maybe even enjoy some or all of it.
I am grateful for BookLook Bloggers for providing this book free for review, and I am interested to see what my daughter will think of it when she learns to read.

No comments: