Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wounds

I recently finished reading a book by Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham's daughter, called Wounded by God's People. When I first started reading it, I thought it was a pity book, to make you feel good about yourself and entitle you to feel sorry for yourself and to live with wounds and scars. However, I was glad when I continued reading and found out that it does offer some hard truths about forgiveness and doing your part not to wound others.
The book relates ways that we may wound or be wounded to Biblical examples, specifically to Abraham and his family. Lotz provides insight into the ways that each character was involved in wounding, both as wounder and wounded. It made me want to be more conscious of when I have wounded people and do my best to resolve any bitterness that I may have or that others may have towards me.
While it was not written in a style that really appeals to me, I did appreciate the stories and examples that were given, and I think this book could be very helpful to some people.
In fact, it would probably be helpful for me to apply some of the ideas to my own life.
This wasn't an especially memorable book that I would recommend to people, but it was alright to read. I wouldn't recommend against it.
Thanks to BookSneeze for providing this book to me for review.

No comments: