Sunday, March 22, 2009

Punch to the Face

I was going to title this post "The End" referring to being almost done with school, but then was thinking that what it is also about is a new beginning. Then I thought it is also about how the combination of those are hitting me in the face. So, I ended up with Punch to the Face, which I think might be a quote from Nacho Libre when Nacho is reprimanding the kids for wrestling to look good for Incarnacion when really he wants to be wrestling too.
Anyway, I feel like a lot of things are hitting me recently, like i need to fnish my senior research project, i need to figure out what I am doing with my life after college, am I going to be in Mount Pleasant, for how long, looking for an apartment
looking for a job
wedding plans
pre-marital counseling,
internship stuff
regular class stuff,
what should I eat,
sleep? (my roommate matt doesnt think I sleep but said I rejuvinate by making noises or something)(honestly, I do sleep, but maybe not as much as is generally advised, and I don't think I make that many noises)(okay, maybe I do make noises)
things God is teaching me
discerning between God's and my will
living in the Men's house
loving others,
basically, I am trying to make this list seem overwhelming because it is kind of overwhelming me, but I think in a good way that I am forced to rely on God and to live one step at a time and enjoy the journey. those are always good reminders.
these are basically the reasons I haven't posted recently. I haven't been on the internet as much lately as in the past.
I think I am going to go to the prayer room for a little bit. I love you all.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

ah yes, the good ol' "Commencement" thing... it's at the end of your time at school, but the beginning of the rest of your life.

i almost watched nacho libre last night but thought it would be too distracting while i was working on a science test. it probably also wouldn't have been good if somehow nacho got incorporated into the science test. "what type of animal eats mostly bugs and grass... and uses its hand to wipe its tears?"

Unknown said...

Pedro.

Work on your Senior Research project for 1.5 hours a day, every day this week. And let me know how far you get. Because for the past... entirety of life you have been preoccupied with this project, and I know it won't be bad if you just get started. Maybe work longer if you feel inspired, but work at least 1.5 hours.

Maybe I shouldn't put homework requirements on my friends.

I am praying for you, now a bit more specifically.

Love you Peds.
-Brooke