Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekend

This weekend is the His House winter retreat. This will be the first winter retreat I will miss since i have been at His House. I was planning on going but God had other plans. Basically, I was automatically signed up because I live in the men's house.
my friend and prayer partner for the Atlanta trip, Gabe, mentioned wanting to go but not having money, a few days ago. I did nothing at the time, and I think it was too late for him even if I had given him the money. today at the service however I saw him and he said something to somebody else about wanting to go.
so, I thought about it and decided to give him my spot. I think it was God's choice. God has been teaching me alot lately and I think I just need to reflect on it and figure out ways to act on it. I think Gabe will be able to get more out of the retreat than I would.
He seems to be really growing in his faith and I think this will be a good step for him. I think it might be his first His House retreat.
Anyway, I was thinking about what I would do this weekend and I thought about maybe volunteering at the soup kitchen some, spending alot of time with God, and getting some stuff done. Then, as always when I have free time or just get overwhelmed or something, I thought about taking a trip. My first thought was to visit Amy.
I think she would like it, although I don't know what she is doing this weekend. But I think if I did it, it would be more for me than for her. I think I really just need to stay around here and follow the "original" plan of volunteering at the soup kitchen, spending time with God, getting stuff done.
I love God.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Not saying that you should do the road trip to visit Amy idea, but sometimes it's ok to do things that are going to be both for you and for someone else. For example, I also think that Amy would like you to visit, and I don't think that she'd care that part of the reason you came was because you needed to take a trip and get it out of your system. I think she'd probably just enjoy the time together. Just a thought, but I also think your soup kitchen idea is cool.

Kelsey said...

oh yeah, and i forgot to say that's really cool that you gave up your spot on the retreat. :)

Anonymous said...

You can always "retreat" to HB, too. :)

Kate said...

I know Gabe had a really good time. Praise God for using you :)